At Capital One data is at the center of everything we do. As a startup, we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Quantitative Analyst in Capital One's Commercial Bank, you'll be part of a team using modern technology to disrupt, generate insights, and drive critical business planning. The Commercial Bank has a $100B+ loan portfolio that has grown organically and via acquisitions, covering C&I, CRE, and Structured Products.
On this team, you'll get an opportunity to solve a diverse set of problems, with a diverse set of tools. In some settings, you'll leverage open source programming or cloud computing to predict outcomes across multi-million record datasets. In other settings, you'll get the opportunity to use completely different skill sets, blending business thinking with quantitative tools when forecasting rare- or unprecedented events. It's a growing team, full of exciting opportunities to solve a range of complex problems.
Further, as a Senior Analyst associate, you'll be participating in our Commercial Quantitative Analyst Rotational Program which will provide a diversity of experiences by rotating through two different teams over the course of three years.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Partner with the various lines of business to enhance modeling and analytical frameworks.
- Work across Capital One entities to create novel analytical solutions to the challenging business problems.
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods and automation solutions to improve business performance and process efficiencies.
- Collaborate in a cross-disciplinary team to build cloud-based solutions grounded in data and defensible assumptions.
- Work effectively with challenge functions to ensure prompt and comprehensive support
- Maintain the existing suite of models and tools for accuracy, compliance, and user support
Expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in all markets. Our modelers thrive in a culture of mutual respect, excellence and innovation.
Successful candidates would possess:
- Strong understanding of quantitative analysis methods in relation to financial institutions.
- Demonstrated track-record in statistical-learning and econometric analysis.
- Experience utilizing model estimation tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate modeling results to a wide range of audiences.
- Drive to develop and maintain high quality and transparent model documentation.
- Excellent coding skills in R and Python and drive to create efficient, accurate, and maintainable code with best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Appreciation for processes, controls, and good governance
- Bachelor's Degree plus at least 5 years of experience in data analytics, or Master's Degree plus at least 1 year of experience in data analytics, financial modeling or econometric modeling (can include Graduate School Research work).
- At least 1 year of programming experience.
- Master's Degree or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, Physics or related discipline.
- 1 year of experience with Python, R or other statistical analyst software
- 2 years of experience with data analysis
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).