Ansell is a leading global provider of protection solutions. Our company designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of protection solutions that meet the ever-changing needs and demands of our markets and industries. Protection is our primary concern as millions of people around the world depend on Ansell in their professional and personal lives.
Our vision is to create a world where people can enjoy optimal protection against the risk they are exposed to. Whether at work or during their leisure time, people require the right protection for the right application. After all, what better guarantee is there than increased safety, security and productivity than through adequate protection.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
This role is a leadership position within the Regional FP&A Team combining oversight of the Region's cost and working capital performance, FP&A team leadership and Finance functional expertise within the team and in support of commercial activities
The scope of the position would encompass the Americas Regions including both NA and LAC and across the Ansell Portfolio including both Divisions Industrial and Healthcare with a total cost base of upwards of $750m including COGS, Distribution and Operating expenses and Working Capital of approximately $300m.
The position will act as a single point of contact and regional finance expert for cross functional stakeholders enabling finance support for multiple concurrent regional strategic growth & operational initiatives.
Within the FP&A and broader regional finance function, this position will manage the cadence of activities and deliverables as well as provide thought leadership to drive functional process improvement initiatives.
This position will have 2 direct reports (SG&A Associate Manager & Sr Manager Costing) and 1 strong dotted line (Manager Finance) as well as indirectly lead additional 5 team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Develop a business partner relationship with the NA/LA Sr. Leadership Team including Sales VP's and Sr Directors leading each region and business division as well as their teams by providing them with the analysis to understand their SG&A
* Support commercial leaders with analysis of operating expenses and variance drivers
* Advance existing metrics with a focus on sales productivity
* Partner to provide recommendations and influence decisions to optimize ROI of investments
2. Overarching responsibility for the NA/LA Financial closing and management reporting, and drive the following activities:
* Month-end close activities in the financial close and providing variance analysis across the total Regional cost base (COGS, Distribution expense and Operating expenses)
* Assess the Inventory SLOB risks, recommend course of action engaging with Sales, Marketing & Planning teams to contain risks and mitigate losses. Recommend appropriate provisions to ensure a true and fair value in line with the Accounting principles and standards and corporate controller's policy. Give SBU Finance heads up and keep them abreast of any significant impact pertaining to their portfolio.
* Assess SIPs to recommend appropriate accrual adjustments beyond the standard accruals computed by the BI and the payroll Accounting Manager, taking in latest information on actuals and exercising judgment in outlook ahead.
* Interpreting and executing accounting policies utilizing experience and judgement to make decisions that directly impact financials and ensure financial risk is covered.
* Manage headcount reconciliation and analysis in collaboration with HR and HRIS teams. Work with HR partners and HRIS Team to develop a more robust process.
3. Lead Forecasting and Operating Plan activities related to Cost of Good Sold, Distribution Cost and SG&A
* Be a key leader and who understands the drivers of the building blocks for the all the spends and able to clearly articulate the variance to all the stakeholders
* Challenge SBUs and Operations to ensure the accuracy of the COGS at style level enabling right pricing decision
* Drive alignment with all the stake holders during the process
* Establishing KPIs to track and report progress on the drivers that impact the forecasts / plans
4. Functional Leadership and Strategic Business Support
* Oversee, coordinate and drive improvements (efficiency, effectiveness) of work activities and analytics for the entire region FP&A team consisting of direct & indirect reports; Ensure controls, proper application of policies and drive consistency & best practices within Region FP&A. In addition, this role will collaborate with Corporate FP&A to recommend global improvements and/or support design and implementation of global improvements.
* Within the region act as FP&A point person for other functions (BI, Accounting, Supply Chain, Marketing, CS, etc) to both drive and support cross functional initiatives
i. Establishing and recommending changes to process and procedures across functions (finance, accounting, sales operations for example) and that drives impact (controls, compliance and sales performance...)
ii. pro-actively identifies operational changes across the EMEA finance team to improve functional or business performance
* Initiate and support Corporate initiatives
i. Key regional team member working with Corporate & GBU FP&A collaborating to establish, enhance, implement FP&A activities, methodologies from reporting to planning
ii. Key team member for other Corporate / Global initiatives such as integrated financial/supply chain planning, integrations, etc.
* Regional Project and Key Initiative Finance Leadership
i. Each fiscal year, there are multiple projects across various functions where finance representation and support is critical ranging from share gain and white space growth initiatives to business operations and organizational restructurings - this role will be the lead for such projects and/or manage the project portfolio assigning resources from within the finance team to support
* Model and build culture of excellence across the FP&A team bring deep financial management background and ability to coach team members while implementing both process and analytical improvement initiatives. Build documentation on core activities, processes to help enable process driven culture and on-board new hires.
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Finance or Business Administration degree from a leading university. CA/CPA or MBA preferred.
Minimum of 12+ years of diversified financial analysis experience in a multinational Consumer or healthcare products or financial services industry. Strong knowledge of general accounting principles with emphasis on financial analysis and planning techniques.
Knowledge and Skills
* Must have strong communication skills to be able to interact with senior management and a commercial mindset to support Sales and the Global / Strategic Business Units.
* Ability to manage, lead and coach teams
* Strong organization and project management skills
* Exceptional skills on Excel and PowerPoint. Desired experience in QlikView, Power BI, Oracle, EPM systems like PBCS and FCCS
* Good analytical, problem-solving skills and business analysis skills with an ability to ferret out information, synthesize it and reach actionable conclusions
* Detail oriented, organized, works well both individually and as part of a team.
* Able to perform under pressure, balance multiple demands and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work with and interpret big data from multiple sources to reach conclusions and make recommendations to the business
* Process driven, with proven track record of process innovation while maintaining required technical and quality standards as well as safeguarding internal controls. Applying continuous improvement techniques and mindset.
Around 10% for warehouse visit or offsite team meetings