Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Covanta Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental solutions across a wide range of industries including heavy-light manufacturing, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, health and beauty, food, automotive, environmental consultants, municipalities, and other industrial manufacturers. Our services help solve some of the toughest challenges faced by these industries. Our mission is simple: To develop and deliver waste and risk elimination solutions that positively benefit our Clients, our Community, and our Environment.
CES offers our valued team members:
- Rewarding careers with competitive pay
- No cost Basic Life and Basic AD&D Insurance, as well as supplemental employee life and AD&D and dependent life options
- Industry-leading retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive & Rewards Program
- Round-the-clock support through our Health Advocate partnership
- Career development and mentorship
- Educational assistance to help you invest in your future
- And much more
The Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. Your superior customer service, collections, and relationship-building skills along with a keen troubleshooting and problem-solving mindset will be challenged (and rewarded) while collaborating with customers.Responsibilities
- Daily review of AR aging and monitor the delinquent status of accounts and follow up as necessary to keep account current.
- Update customer account with detailed notes regarding collection process and disputes.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and escalate them as appropriate.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- E-mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Ability to identify discrepancies and collaborate professionally within the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience as a collection specialist or similar role and must have working knowledge of Customer Portals (Coupa, Ariba, Taulia, etc.) and Purchase Order requirements.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Creative, self-disciplined, and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years corporate business to business collections experience including interactions with a large complex customer base.
- Associates degree or higher in Business or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system is preferred but not required.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contactingus at email@example.com.