BE authentic. BE influential. BE the expert. Be all that and more at Colliers.
At Colliers, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Who you are
The North American Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organization's payroll processing functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new administrators in the department. Oversees the daily workflow of the department. Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
What you bring
* Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
* Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
* Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
* Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
* Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
* Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
What success looks like
* Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Attention to detail is a high priority.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
* Proficient with payroll software.
* Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources
Bonus Skills and Experience
* Three to five years of related experience required.
* US and Canada processing strongly desired.
BE who you are and what you want to be with Colliers. We'd love to meet you. Apply today to join our team.
Please be aware that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Colliers professionals in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated or engage in ongoing testing at regular intervals determined by Colliers in order to attend any Colliers workplace. As a condition of commencing any role, you will be required to self-report your vaccination status or testing results, as applicable, and provide verifying documentation. If you have any questions, please discuss with your Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
Colliers provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.