Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Covanta Environmental Solutions, a subsidiary of Covanta offers comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today's most complex environmental challenges. With a nationwide network of treatment, recycling and Energy-from Waste facilities, Covanta Environmental Solutions enables customers to mitigate risk and reach their sustainability goals.
- Rewarding careers with competitive pay
- No cost Basic Life and Basic AD&D Insurance, as well as supplemental employee life and AD&D and dependent life options
- Industry leading retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive & Rewards Program
- Round-the-clock support through our Health Advocate partnership
- Career development and mentorship
- Educational assistance to help you invest in your future
The Account Manager will primarily nurture & strengthen long-term relationships with current accounts within assigned book of business by the approach to cultivating, nurturing, and expanding existing relationships. This is a highly transactional business that requires day-to-day flexibility. The position will fully manage the transactional part of our business by way of cross-functional sales components. The position is focused on establishing & maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders at the account involved in the amenities of environmental solutions. Employs a diverse set of tactics to monitor account risk, increase customer spending, facilitate renewal/extension of contracts, execute prescribe (or develop) retention plans, and identify opportunities to streamline transactions to provide superior customer service. You will collaborate with our internal teams to meet and exceed our customers' expectations. If you're looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic, and entrepreneurial environment, you've found the right place.
- Manages the transactional part of our business by way of cross-functional sales components.
- Initiates and follow-ups warm and cold calling, interest generation and appointment setting and log communication records in NetSuite (CRM).
- Responsible for entire lifecycle of new & existing deals (pricing, proposal/contract generation to execution, waste profiling, logging into company CRM, etc.).
- Provides a full-service solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer into our Material Processing Facilities (MPF's) and Waste to Energy (WtE).
- Identifies environmental solutions needed and potential internal outlets for prospective waste; engages 3rd party solutions for external outlets
- Serve as a primary liaison between customer, CES, Covanta and partners
- Resolves complex issues that may result from pricing pressures or other conflicts by utilizing critical thinking, problem solving skills.
- Participates in customer business quarterly reviews.
- Generates personalized customer metric reports on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis or as needed, utilizing internal support
- Identifies process gaps and lead the development of SOPs and/or guidelines between CES and customer for seamless transactions.
- Participates in Customer tours at our MPF's and/or WtE plants.
- Manages relationships with assigned accounts, engaging with all internal/external stakeholders involved in the amenities of environmental services.
- Monitors accounts at risk of attrition and develop customer-specific plans in coordination with assigned Sales Rep. and Direct Manager.
- Assist with collection activities as assigned by Direct Manager
- Supports pricing efforts by working with assigned Sales Rep. & Direct Manager to structure long term strategic agreements.
- Functions as the primary contact for all account related issues and escalations.
- Provides information to assigned Sales Rep. to support market trends, competitive pricing, and deal structure best practices.
- Proactively identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to increase customer spend at existing accounts
- Assists & gathers information related to audit packages, price increases, contract renewals, including RFPs.
- Maintains meaningful proactive communication with all customer accounts, identifying and regularly delivering industry knowledge capital of interest to customers.
- Provides superior customer service, maintains customer record, pipeline, and keeps detailed, accurate records of all communication to CES clients utilizing NetSuite (CRM).
- Travels to visit customer accounts as needed along with assigned Sale Rep, as needed
- Participates on weekly team meetings, customer calls & as needed, with internal cross functional teams strategic to specific accounts
- Works closely across all departments, such as, but not limited to, materials profiling team, material compliance (QA/QC), scheduling, dispatch, sales, supply chain, operations, etc.to resolve issues and/or exchange client information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of customer service and/or sales experience
- Undergraduate degree is strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills that build rapport and trust.
- Ability to connect with a wide range of client stakeholders, up to the corporate level.
- Desire to maximize earnings and grow book of business.
- Knowledge of various sales methods and techniques.
- Exceptional communicator, oral and written.
- Pleasant and professional telephone presence.
- Detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with basic computer hardware and software (Office 365 and CRM Programs).
- NetSuite, DMS, PeopleSoft, and Process Map experience a plus.
- Works well under pressure, manages time well and balances multiple tasks.
- Adapts to change well, takes initiative & pays attention to details
- Ability to work flexible hours when business demand requires.
- Ability to work productively in a remote home-office with minimum supervision from management
- Ability to travel.
- RCRA, DOT, and HazCom training preferred.
- Position is primarily office based but with up to 25% travel to CES Facilities
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contactingus at email@example.com.