ECC is seeking a Construction Manager. This position is primarily responsible for the strategic development and management of Construction related policies, programs, and practices that support and advance the Company's long-term business objectives. In this position you will:
- Assist Project Manager (PM) in the planning and coordination of activities designated to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Coordinates with the Project Engineer, Health and Safety Officer, Security team and Construction Quality Control Officer for interaction of task prioritization
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Compliance with health and safety and quality control requirements as identified by functional officers
- Act as a key implementers of field activities and tasks preparatory to field activities
- Act as a Team Lead to assist the quality control officer and health and safety officer in maintaining compliance with project work plans, standard operating procedures, and sound field practices
- Manage Subcontractors including assisting subcontractors on meeting schedule objectives, acting as a liaison to PM, problem solving on subcontractor issues, documenting progress to project scheduler, and monitoring subcontractor compliance of all health and safety procedures
- Manage all reporting and administrative requirements including daily reporting, scheduling assessment, and estimating job modifications
- Lead and participate in the full lifecycle of ECC business
- Lead and mentor in professional standards of practice and service excellence
- Support development of standard procedures and policies
- Provide career development and training.
- In addition to the accountabilities above, other responsibilities, tasks, and deliverables may be assigned to the incumbent of this position
- Previous direct responsibility for successfully completing complex estimates for government construction or environmental projects
- Working knowledge of construction or environmental estimating concepts
- Ability to communicate with persuasiveness and exercise effective negotiation techniques as needed
- Demonstrated success in effectively coaching teams via remote methods
- Skilled in interfacing with senior management (making resource requests, formal presentations, escalation, and complex problem resolution)
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products, email systems, Windows, and applicable estimating software
- Ten years construction manager or superintendent experience on construction projects ranging from building and reconstruction of schools, hospitals, commercial and residential building, and military facilities
- Five years experience managing subcontractors on large construction projects
- Five years working with proper OSHA safety procedures for the construction industry
- Education - This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Effective immediately, we will require all newly-hired employees in the US to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to the extent allowable by state laws.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business
- Two years as senior professional managing staff on large construction projects
ECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact TeleSign HR at This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not email about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.