The Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter is seeking a guest service oriented Housekeeping Lobby Attendant to join their team! The Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter is conveniently located near the Great American Ballpark & Paul Brown Stadium. The hotel boasts a new restaurant and 13,000 square feet of flexible event space and 8 meeting rooms. In addition, the hotel has convenient access to the convention center which has 110,000 square feet of event space and 17 meeting rooms.
Job Overview: To clean and maintain all public areas and restrooms in impeccable condition to achieve standards of quality and guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Thoroughly clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents and/or floors with cleaning agents by extending arms over head to reach all above areas. Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
* Thoroughly dust all furniture, pictures, and shelves, extending arms overhead, bending and stooping as needed.
* Thoroughly clean and polish all metal surfaces, applying pressure in repeated motion.
* Clean ashtrays and empty trash.
* Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to Safety/Security Department.
* Provide general public assistance, instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
* Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or house person when requested.
Experience and Skills
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment.
* Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, and stand and walk public areas for extended periods of time.
* Ability to understand and follow directions and perform job functions under limited supervision.
* Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety levels and instructions. Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Previous lobby attendant and/or janitorial experience preferred.
* Additional language ability preferred.