Description Job Description:
Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking a Tools Team Lead on a large network services opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the Bethesda, MD area.
- Lead a team of network engineers for delivery of implementation, Configuration Management, continuous diagnostics and mitigation, patch management, vulnerability management, risk management of tools and technologies use by the Network Services Program.
- Manage implementation, configuration, and updates of network monitoring tools, network device access control tools, troubleshooting technologies, bandwidth monitoring tools, Network Traffic Generator, Network Packet Capture etc...
- Inform and escalate issues to the System Owner (SO) and Service Area Managers (SAMs) regarding security risk to include high/critical vulnerabilities, risk acceptance methods (e.g., waivers, Plans of Action and Milestones [POA&Ms])
- Recommend best business practices and methodologies to maintain and/or improve security posture of the implemented tools;
- CCNP Certification and 7 years of Network Security experience
- Thorough knowledge of network tools and technology such as Science Logic One, NetLine Dancer, Graphana, PerSonar, SecureCRT, Network Traffic Generator, Network Packet Capture, Riverbed, Gigamon, xMatters, Tenable, Splunk
- Deep technical understanding of core network technologies as well as emerging capabilities
- Demonstrated experience working in large Federal agency preferably in HHS.
- Possess the knowledge of security best practices, network solutions, and methodologies for risk management
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards
- Experience with various SOC automation tools such as Splunk, Archer etc.
External Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and OpsPay Range:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline and 4+ years of Network related experience
- Have one or more of the following System Administrator Certifications: RHCSA, RHCE, GCUX, LPIC-2 or 3, MCSE, VCAP and 7 years of Network Related experience