Corporate Treasury is responsible for corporate liquidity, investments, long-term debt and risk management related to the Company's financial activities. This position manages Corporate Treasury-related activities for Bank and Parent, inclusive of interest rate and market risk management, overseeing the investment portfolio, long term debt management, short-term and long-term liquidity management, off-balance sheet (inclusive of swaps and hedging), corporate insurance and the deposit and consumer loan rate setting process for the Company. Acts as a trusted advisor to the CFO and CEO in the active management of the Company's financial activities and interest rate risk profile. Assists CFO in special projects and ongoing analysis related to the utilization of capital (such as the Forecasting/Budgeting process). Effectively manage correspondent relationships, provides proactive consulting to Business Partners and lead or serve on Committees that help the Company meet and exceed its Strategic Plan objectives.
Position Specific Responsibilities
Lead ALCO Committee's management of interest rate and market risk positions of Company, presenting to Risk Oversight Committee of Board and seeking to develop and implement appropriate interest rate risk strategies, including derivative instruments, to effectively manage the rate risk exposure of the Company.
- Lead management of the Company's investment portfolio, seeking over the long term to achieve peer returns with below peer risk profile in light of existing balance sheet, capital, tax and liquidity constraints and market dynamics.
- Lead Pricing Committee's oversight of deposit and consumer loan rates. This incorporates competitive analysis, insightful product recommendations, ensuring successful collaboration between Regions, Lines and Support teams and updating Executive Leadership and acting on their directives.
- Responsible for management of the corporate and captive insurance programs for the Company. Collaborating with Johnson Insurance Services, Human Resources, Legal and Facilities, ensure coverage levels are adequate across all risk exposures, claims are efficiently and accurately processed and are all done at costs competitive relative to peers. Assist Business Leads in managing their insurance interactions with carriers, contractors and with complex client situations.
- Oversee the net interest margin analysis and the funds transfer pricing process for the Company which includes the financial statement results as well as forecasts and budgets.
- Responsible for short-term liquidity management and related contingency funding objectives and correspondent counterparty risk monitoring. This includes ensuring that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Assist CFO in management of Company's capital plan by defining the optimal capital structure and in recommending and managing capital deployment alternatives and decisions to ensure that the Bank is considered well-capitalized according to regulatory definitions.
- Effectively manage and maintains strong correspondent relations, working with internal and external Business Partners in ensuring appropriate technology tailored to target market needs is available and that cost-effective pricing on these services, as well as on Company lines of credit, is achieved.
- Provides proactive consulting to Business Partners and lead or serve on Committees like the Benefits Plan Committee that help the Company meet and exceed its Strategic Plan objectives.
- Lead team of associates and collaborates with peers to meet and exceed Finance's objectives; ensure adequate cross-training exists and maintain systems and oversee adherence to policies, procedures, regulatory and accounting guidelines as well as the Company's risk management practices within team.
- Coordinates Corporate Treasury's risk-related requirements of Regulators, Auditors and of the Enterprise, Vendor, Business Continuity, and Model Risk management areas.
- Manages or participates in special projects for the Company which may include overseeing the Forecast/Budget process, Profitability systems, efficiencies and effectiveness in pricing and product delivery in areas such as Mortgage, etc.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality of sensitive JFG information.
- Effectively communicate performance expectations; monitor and hold staff accountable for their performance and their actions.
- Act as a 'Coach' for associates to leverage strengths and understand and identify gaps in performance; conduct one-on-one meetings and timely appraise performance.
- Provide development opportunities for staff aligning with their career goals and develops 'bench strength' for key positions.
- Proactively recruit and maintain a pipeline of candidates who display requisite job skills and exhibit values consistent with Johnson Financial Group.
- Create and sustain an environment which supports teamwork and mutual respect.
- Communicates to team: corporate updates, business updates, etc. and conducts regular, meaningful team/department meetings.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate staffing levels to efficiently execute department responsibilities.
- Uses financial information to identify and implement cost containment or reduction programs and ensure expenditures are accurate and follow policies and procedures.
- Models exemplary behaviors and actions for associates.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master's Degree a plus.
- Certifications: CPA or CFA designation preferred.
- Work experience: 12+ years of related industry work, preferably in a banking or other financial services setting working with Treasury-related activities including investments, funding, balance sheet risk management and corporate insurance.
- Demonstrated success utilizing good judgment, creativity, perspective, strategic agility, keen insight and decision-making ability in their career.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with a detailed understanding of the regulatory environment as it relates to Treasury and Financial topics.
- Personable, with good communication and negotiation skills, an ability to explain difficult concepts clearly and concisely, the ability to work with all levels of the organization and with outside Business Partners.
- Ambition to proactively assume more responsibilities and grow within the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite