Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
The Nursing Education Consultant is responsible for providing direction for the redevelopment of assessment, evaluation, and implementation of the nursing program, courses, and educational activities.
A core responsibility of this role is recommending and redeveloping curriculum while assisting with the creation of any new content. The Nursing Education Consultant will collaborate with the nursing team in collecting and analyzing data related to nursing curriculum and outcomes, and will support instructional design team in creating or redeveloping nursing content as needed.
**This is a temporary role working less than 15 hours per week**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review current Nursing program and conduct needs assessment
- Redevelop the core nursing courses as well as the clinical training modules as needed
- Develop and maintain clinical curriculum guidelines, and identify educational opportunities for the NCLEX Exam
- Participate in the review of clinical standards and policy development as needed; and provide guidance for improvements or updates
- Conduct training sessions as needed
- Guide faculty and assist academic technology team through the redevelopment process
- Assure curriculum and programs meet relevant professional standards and guidelines
- Develop content related to consultation topics/modules
- Develop virtual and on-site workshops with a focus on faculty development and program development
- Brainstorm and conceptualize new products
- Assist with development of product specifications
- Conduct Market Analysis (of the nursing market trends and competitors)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Current and unrestricted RN license
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN)
- 5+ years of education/teaching experience
- Familiarity on building curriculum or building a nursing program
- Proficiency in basic technologies, specifically Microsoft Office
- PhD or DNP
- Experience with traditional and online curriculum and simulation
- Experience as a Nursing consultant, or an Accreditation Chair or team member
- Experience in nursing administration such as Program Director or Chair
- In-depth knowledge of active learning strategies, including simulation in a nursing program
- Knowledge of how to write NCLEX-style items; interpret item analyses; develop test blueprints at the program and course level
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ECMC Group is committed to ensuring our diverse, inclusive and equitable culture is built on a strong sense of belonging, where everyone feels seen, heard and encouraged to show up as their authentic self.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.