Scope/Purpose of the Position
The Account Executive primary duties include soliciting loans from mortgage loan originators, mortgage brokers, and mortgage lenders ("Company Wholesale Customers") at their places of employment, retail establishments, or in other social settings away from any Homebridge office. This position is also responsible for performing work incidental to and in conjunction with your outside sales activities, including building and maintaining relationships with Company Wholesale Customers, marketing, promoting, and increasing the Company's presence by visiting retail establishments.
The Account Executive has significant independence in dictating their schedule. By performing the primary duty of making sales calls, they shall, during each work week, be customarily engaged away from Homebridge's office, and will spend a majority of work time each work week away from Homebridge's office making sales calls and related sales activities.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Spends more than 50% of their time making outside sales calls and performing related sales activities which include but are not limited to: meet and call on clients.
- Keeps up-to-date on federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the mortgage lending industry.
- Understands product guidelines and all company loan programs and their requirements.
- Accepts the responsibility for any and all follow-up items that are needed for loan funding; responds immediately to any request from shipping, underwriting, etc., as needed.
- Markets and promotes Homebridge's financial products to their business community, including mortgage brokers and bankers generating new accounts and servicing existing accounts.
- Manages a pipeline of locked loans through their mortgage brokers and bankers.
- Interacts daily with support staff to move pipeline to funding.
- Becomes proactive within the mortgage industry and broker community (i.e. broker associations, trade shows, seminars, etc.).
- Loan Advisement
- Collects and analyses financial documentation from the broker or banker and assists in structuring the loans. Recommends the appropriate loan program based on the borrowers' needs and financial circumstances, including credit history, assets, debts, investments and amount of the loan.
- Advises the broker/banker of the advantages and disadvantages of each program.
Work Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mortgage process, underwriting, and closing guidelines.
- Excellent knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, USDA, Reno, Non-QM, Jumbo and VA product guidelines.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending as well as the company's Fair Lending policies.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills; Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills; Solid decision-making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality. Ability to build strong relationships with internal business partners to achieve success.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Committed to taking responsibility and ownership for agreed actions and delivery.
- Minimum of two to five (2-5) years' experience working in the mortgage industry at a mortgage company, broker, bank or other financial institution.
- Comprehensive understanding of related guidelines and working knowledge of products and pricing.
- Tactical demonstration of sales techniques.
- Must be knowledgeable on the methods and procedures for promoting and marketing of products and services.
- NMLS required to do business in the state of Hawaii and Nevada.
- Required at all times to possess a valid motor vehicle driver's license and shall provide evidence thereof at time of employment and thereafter at any time requested by Homebridge. Required to possess valid motor vehicle insurance as required by the state in which the motor vehicle is licensed. Required to provide evidence thereof at time of employment and thereafter at any time requested by Homebridge. If your driver's license or insurance is revoked, suspended or discontinued you must notify Human Resources immediately of the revocation, suspension or discontinuance action.