WEC Energy Group is currently seeking applicants for May 2021 summer & year round Analytics Internships. Applicants must be based out of the following locations: Green Bay-WI, Milwaukee-WI, and Chicago-IL.
We employ students for summer and year round opportunities to help design creative cost effective systems and equipment that keep the energy flowing to our customers in a safe and reliable manner. Our student employees have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. Together, we can make a world of difference!
WEC Energy Group offers a variety of analytics opportunities for students seeking hands-on experience that are currently enrolled in a four-year degree program. Below is an overview of functional areas where we typically have students. Students work with experienced members of these functional teams.
Business Effectiveness & Integration:
- Support the implementation of the AWS corporate data platform and the replacement of our operational metrics technology.
- Assist with the definition and documentation of departmental data that's brought into the new AWS data platform, in addition to helping clean and aggregate the data.
- Assist in the development and automation of extracts from the AWS data platform necessary to support this metrics project.
- Collect and analyze data needed to support cost reduction initiatives for our fleet group.
- Capture data and provide quarterly reports on Fleet service level such as Business Unit asset count, CO2 emissions and mileage statistics.
- Provide support for fleet auditing of fuel purchases.
- Assist in the development of new fleet asset charge back rates by analyzing vehicle expenses and usage patterns.
- Assist in identifying ways to streamline the rate calculation process.
- High School Diploma, HSED, or GED
- Current pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Data Analytics, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or closely related degree.
- Must be available to work full-time during summer 2021. If available, hours may be flexible to accommodate school schedule with part-time work during the school year.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above.
To be considered, interested students must apply online no later than December 13th. Please monitor your email inbox for additional steps. Interviews will be held in January and February 2021.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.