What you will do:
This position will manage two areas: facility maintenance and projects to improve facilities and utilities for the Winston Salem NC, Clarios Battery Manufacturing plant. The primary responsibility of this position is the ensure that the facility is operating as it should on a daily basis, this may include dealing with unexpected emergency issues, training outside contractors on site rules and working with all functional area leaders to achieve optimal outcome.
How you will do it:
- Initiates, implements, and manages the facility maintenance program with emphasis on planning, scheduling, and preventative/predictive/productive maintenance
- Provides technical support and coordination for facility maintenance related items. Coordinates all building and site maintenance. (For clarity - this excludes production equipment maintenance)
- Construction/plant design &engineering calculations
- Communicates directly with operations to coordinate facility maintenance repairs.
- Tracks, analyzes, and improves the key facility maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule adherence, etc.
- Monitors operations of facility equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develops preventative maintenance program for the facility equipment.
- Uses a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and facility equipment maintenance history.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Formulate plans for the future to ensure all future requirements of the company are the best upgrade paths for equipment and infrastructure.
- Manages capital projects - for new utilities, utilities refurbishment and construction
- Interacts with plant management to understand and define scope of proposed capital projects to facilities and utilities
- Manage assigned projects, quotes from contractors, propose solutions, timeline, resources and reporting.
- Creates CAD drawings as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree required, Prefer in BSc/BA in facility management, engineering (civil or mechanical), business administration or relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- HVAC, Electromechanical, controls and Hydraulic Systems Experience
- Strong Mechanical/Electrical Background Preferred.
- Minimum 2 years concurrent supervisory experience on managing/supervising technicians or contractors
- OSHA/EPA experience desirable
- Previous experience in facilities management preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Analytical/Critical thinking
Who we are
Clarios is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Clarios, LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please email Special.Accommodations@Clarios.com.
Clarios is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law.