The position of Construction Project Manager (PM) is vital to the success of our business. While project delivery and execution are considered the prime responsibilities of our PM, it is important to understand how PMs are embedded in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design to project delivery. In their role, PMs work closely with our construction account managers and designers, and manage our in-house and contracted installation/construction crews to deliver superior solutions and services for our construction clients.
Teamwork and General Responsibilities
• Participate in team and construction meetings and report on project delivery status, scope challenges, delays, and upcoming and missed deadlines;
• Establish and maintain relationships to AWC Construction Services’ vendors in manufactured (pre-fab) interior construction solutions (e.g. field techs, supervisor, technical experts);
• Understands the full breadth of AWC Construction Services’ product offerings as well as building codes, OSHA regulations, and ADA requirements.
Early project Phases (design & sales)
• Work with construction account managers and designers to help quote construction project delivery and establish project scopes for client communications;
• Collaboration with the design team members throughout the preconstruction phases. Includes coordination of the prefab scope of work as it relates to the remaining trades to insure no gaps or overlaps in the project documents and budget;
• Development of ROMs (rough order of magnitude) budgets early in the design process. Includes analyzing drawings and preforming a take-off to provide a detailed budget. Must have a good understanding of unit costing and square foot costs.
• Continued budget development for defined scope of work as project progresses through the design. Will be responsible to reconcile budgets throughout the Preconstruction phases whether the contract is a GMP or negotiated contract.
• Review of all project documents including drawings, specifications and technical documents from each trade/manufacture to insure constructibility and coordination.
Project Execution and Delivery
• Work with vendors’ manufacturing representatives and project managers to coordinate shipping and deliveries;
• Work with Alfred Williams & Company operations team to fulfill clients’ warehousing and logistics needs;
• Manage in-house and contracted work crews for installation, including all aspects of job preparation, project-related training and preparation (e.g. safety and security), invoicing, etc.
• Work closely with General Contractors and other sub-trades on projects to coordinate scope expectations and integration, either as a subcontractor to a General Contractor or direct-sell to end-user;
• Coordinate with other trades on site (e.g. electricians, AV-vendors, etc.) to ensure seamless project delivery;
• Attend project and construction meetings to represent AWC Construction Services;
• Works closely designers to develop solution quotes, plans and designs, construction drawings, and solution orders;
• Manage deficiencies, change orders, and punch list items and resolutions with our vendors;
• Responsible for the oversight of all installations including site visits, kick-off meetings with install crews, punch with crews and clients, and the successful completion of each project in a timely manner.
• Responsible for all warranty work including placing orders, scheduling install with crews and clients, and insuring successful completion.
• Works within the DIRTT team, to insure timely communication to the client for all aspects of PM.
• Manages the project management process using software to allow visibility for the team of all outstanding projects/warranty work.
• Tracks project progress and works with Account Managers and Customer Administrators to compile and send out project invoices
• Performs all activities related to General Contractors’ pay application process, including collection of lien waivers from vendors and subcontractors, coordination with Alfred Williams & Company’s Accounts Receivable Department, and communication with contractor’s finance department to resolve issues
• Manages outstanding subcontractors’ invoices and ensures timely billing from AWC Construction Services’ subcontractors
• Reviews subcontractors invoices and works with Accounts Payable department to ensure timely payment of subcontractor’s billings
• A 4-year college degree or similar education;
• Highly organized individual with the ability to work on multiple high-complexity projects simultaneously;
• At least 3 years of construction related project management experience (e.g. PM, Project Engineer)
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work the occasional late hour and travel within the Carolinas for work
• Excellent team player.