- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated construction projects in Region to ensure that goals of project are accomplished safely, on time and within budget, typically no more than 1 project at a time.
- Effectively works with and communicates with Clients, Engineers (internal and external), Project Managers, HR and Field personnel to ensure all issues are addressed to the Clients satisfaction.
- Oversees and directs Foreman assigned to projects. Regularly mentors Foreman and crew members.
- Determines safest and most cost-effective means and methods, personnel use, material, equipment and subcontractors.
- Reads, interprets and comprehends engineering specifications, drawings and contract documents.
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; prepares and completes action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, customer service, safety, security and health standards; identifies and resolves problems; identify, develops and implements system improvements.
- Maintains and expands regional customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers, and identifying new customer opportunities
- Recommends service capabilities by identifying new service opportunities, surveying customer needs/trends, and tracking competitors.
- Improves regional sales management job knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to regional sales management and organizational success by welcoming related, different, and new requests and helping others accomplish job results.
- Works with inspection group to review reports, repair recommendations and develop repair programs based on repair priorities, best practices, and available budget dollars.
- Has or acquires basic understanding of bridge load capacities.
- Attends bid showings, reviews bridge conditions, performs cursory inspections, develops appropriate scope of work and gathers information required to develop competitive bids.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with 3 years of railroad bridge experience or 8 years of Operations Management experience in railroad bridge maintenance/construction without degree.
- Sales or business development experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Capable of writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Capacity to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume through application of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Capable of interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Valid driver's license
- Basic computer skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to measure, sketch, and accurately describe conditions found on a wide variety of structures, with sufficient detail for engineering evaluation and bid preparation.
- Must be able to travel 60%
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.