- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in basic preventative/predictive maintenance, troubleshooting skills and repair methods of industrial machines
- 1+ years of experience in Mechanical and/or Electrical basic components
- 1+ years of experience with compressors and pneumatics
- 1+ years pf experience using power tools to include saws and drills with proper safety precautions
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and OS
- Experience with basic metal and wood fabrications, including saws and drills
- Basic understanding of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Maintain a positive working relationship across all of the Amazon Operations facility
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Problem solving skills
- Customer focus and ability to balance customer needs with company procedures
- Organized and able to follow thru with commitments
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Basic computer knowledge, in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Works in a warehouse that contains moving equipment and machinery.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. By signing below, I acknowledge and affirm that I have read, understand and discussed any problems that I may have fulfilling the duties outlined in the above job description with the Manager of Human Resources.