MS&T Process Engineer role within the Site Technical Services group at the Rocky Mount NC manufacturing site. This individual will apply advanced manufacturing, science, and technology to support the manufacture of small and / or large volume parenteral products, or process improvement.
- forming trending and monitoring of critical quality attributes/critical process parameters to maintain product quality and to control process drift.
- Implementing potential process improvements in conjunction with manufacturing operations.
- Participating in start-up of new facility, equipment, or processes in manufacturing.
- Assisting in documenting changes/updates to manufacturing processes and working with manufacturing, engineering and validation to implement those changes.
- Providing technical/scientific support on project deliverables, e.g. technology transfers, remediation initiatives, plan reports, etc.
- Utilizing small-scale production processes and using scaled-down lab processes to enable process troubleshooting.
- Individual responsible for executing projects/tasks assigned by Manager.
- Execution of laboratory studies and writes technical reports summarizing laboratory results to support product impact assessments required for investigations into process discrepancies or out of specification test results
- Assures professional and quality performance in all activities, meeting times, cost and cGMP requirements.
- Proposes process improvement opportunities and / or corrective actions to increase yield, maximize production capacity, reduce product costs and decrease process variability while maintaining regulatory compliance
- Adaptive and flexible to scheduling of engineering runs
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science with a minimum of 1 year of experience working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing site is required.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are required.
- Degrees in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, and Biomanufacturing sciences preferred.
- Familiarization with global regulations on drugs, medical devices, combination products or validation / qualification requirements preferred.
- Experience with aseptically filled or terminally sterilized small volume and / or large volume parenteral products preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing site preferred.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 5/15/2020
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.