Mitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration applications.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
Mitel is looking for a Cloud Network Engineer to join our team! This ideal candidate will have 1-2 years Cloud Network/troubleshooting experience, be self-motivated and passionate about Cloud Infrastructure and Public Cloud networking but also has a background in operating and designing traditional datacenter or service provider networks at scale.
This role is for someone that wants to be part of a larger team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale within our industry and within Mitel overall to advance our cloud-native ecosystem and culture of excellence in everything we do.
This is a remote opportunity.
- Design, deploy and manage highly available, secure, carrier-grade, and scalable networks for our global footprint in the public cloud and in our own current physical datacenter footprint. This management aspect will include troubleshooting and resolving network flows and connectivity
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with teams to find creative solutions, build prototypes & develop deployment strategies and procedures
- Collaborate with other teams to bring new architectures, network features, and services into production
- Manifest our values of Ownership and Excellence in your communications and actions
- Embrace and work towards the adoption of network automation, infrastructure as code, and configuration management
- Augment existing network documentation in conjunction with the previous duty
- Participate in an on-call rotation for production support of Mitel's global network infrastructure
- 1 years' experience working in a cloud (public, private, or hybrid) based environment
- At least 1.5 years of experience in an operations role supporting a sizable production network topology. Familiarity and experience with routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP are required.
- Knowledge of network analysis and troubleshooting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with other network engineers, other teams inside and outside our branch of the organization, and possibly vendors to solve complex business problems together.
- Dedication and good time management with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Effective inter-personal relationship skills, professional character, and tact.
- The capacity to complete tasks with minimal supervision and work without significant oversight to follow provided requirements and develop solutions
- Skilled in creating and updating network drawings, diagrams, and documentation
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting to automate routine tasks
- Familiarity with version control systems, infrastructure as code, and configuration management tools and concepts
- Experience with any automation tooling
- Experience using public cloud solutions (networking or otherwise) from GCP or AWS including but not limited to cloud-based VPNs and VPC networks
- Experience with Agile and DevOps/DevNetOps concepts.
For more information, visit www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel
Mitel provides equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), parental status, age, religion or religious belief, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military service, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal law, or local ordinance.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.
The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing to any employee or applicant for employment upon request.