Highway Patrol Pilot
Responsible for patrolling highway in an airplane and policing area to detect speeding vehicles, accidents, and suspicious activity.
- Police area by flying over in an airplane and spotting suspicious activity, helping motorists in distress, and reporting other various incidents.
- Enforce traffic and criminal laws.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Respond to traffic accidents and dispatch emergency vehicles and other police officers.
- Arrests criminals or suspected criminals.
- Process and book prisoners.
- Report accidents and unsafe driving conditions, such as falling rocks, boulders, ice, or crumbling infrastructure.
- Redirect flow of traffic around accidents.
- Clock speeding vehicles and report to ground personnel such as police officers.
- Respond to emergency request information and relay to appropriate agency dispatcher.
- Render first aid.
- Write citations for traffic violations.
- Inspect vehicles.
- Testify in court cases.
- Assist stranded motorists.
- Keep meticulous records.
- Investigate accidents to determine cause and who is at fault.
- Safely operate aircraft and follow standard flight procedures.