WEC Energy Group is currently seeking applicants for May 2021 summer & year round Audit Internships based out of the following locations: Green Bay-WI and Milwaukee-WI.
We employ students for summer and year round opportunities to help design creative cost effective systems and equipment that keep the energy flowing to our customers in a safe and reliable manner. Our student employees have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. Together, we can make a world of difference!
WEC Energy Group offers a variety of audit opportunities for students seeking hands-on experience that are currently enrolled in a four-year degree program. Students work with experienced members of the functional teams.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Document, evaluate, and test the adequacy of process design and application of financial and operational controls to mitigate risks at a reasonable cost in accordance with professional standards.
- Develop effective solutions to process/control weaknesses.
- Interpret and evaluate the application of regulatory requirements (SOX, PCAOB, SEC, PSCW, FERC, MPS, etc.) and implications to the company and audit function.
- Communicate with clients at all levels to ensure issues are understood and persuade them to make process changes to promote internal controls.
- High School Diploma, HSED, or GED
- Current pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Business, or a closely related degree.
- Must be available to work full-time during summer 2021. If available, hours may be flexible to accommodate school schedule with part-time work during the school year.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above.
To be considered, interested students must apply online no later than December 13th. Please monitor your email inbox for additional steps. Interviews will be held in January and February 2021.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.