East Carolina University serves a sizable constituency of students, faculty, staff, and private citizens in the state of North Carolina. To do so effectively requires strong leadership and a dynamic administration dedicated to the ideals set forth by our founders more than 100 years ago.
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University:
- Uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access;
- Prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society;
- Develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change;
- Discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond;
- Transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and
- Improves quality of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics.
We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us.